Kid Healthy Snack: Peanut Butter Granola
Looking for a kid-healthy snack and a fun afternoon activity? Make this fantastic granola with your kid (unless he's allergic to peanuts ... then we recommend stringing pretzels onto a piece of licorice).
- ¾ cup honey
- 12 ounces natural peanut butter (pour the oil off of the top)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup instant dry milk
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, heat honey, peanut butter and canola oil until blended over medium-low heat.
- Stir in oats, dry milk and wheat germ.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Granola should be light golden brown.
- Spread out onto paper towel and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- When measuring the honey, add it to a measuring cup that already has oil in it so the honey will pour out more easily.