1, 2, 3 Rice and Beans for Picky Eaters
I have the pickiest eater in the world and she likes this dish! Try it with your kid.
- Take out basmati rice from an Indian restaurant (I guess you could make the rice but that would take way more time!)
- 1 can white, black or red beans (You can use just one type or mix them all together)
- 1-2 slices American cheese (the singles work great)
- Grated parmesan (optional)
- Pour some of the basmati rice into a microwavable bowl (I use a big, ceramic cereal bowl so it makes two servings).
- Pour 1/3 of the can of beans on top.
- Mix them together with a spoon.
- Put a slice of cheese on top. If you like things super cheesy, put two on top.
- Put it in the microwave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Take it out and stir it all together.
- Put it into bowls and serve with a spoon.
- If your kids are total cheese freaks, put some Parmesan on top.
- Basmati rice gives it a special flavor (I love that rice) but if you can't find it, you can substitute it with white or brown rice.