Homemade Chicken Nuggets for Picky Eaters
If your picky eaters must eat chicken nuggets every day, you might as well learn how to make them a little healthier.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, seasoning salt and pepper in a large plastic storage baggie.
- Combine the egg and milk in a medium-size bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces in the egg/milk mixture to coat and then pop them into the coating-mix baggie.
- Close the baggie and shake to coat all of the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken pieces in the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally so all sides brown evenly until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Dip in barbecue sauce, light ranch dressing, honey mustard or kid-essential ketchup.