Hygiene for Kids: Tooth Brushing Game
Cavity-free smiles and tear-free bedtime routines really can exist in the same home.
- Your kid and his pearly whites:(Bonus points if the pearly whites are stained blue from a Popsicle.)
- A stool:Optional, but comes in handy when your kid decides to spit "just like Daddy does."
- A toothbrush
- Gather your supplies and your kid near the sink.
- Go hunting: Peer suspiciously inside his mouth and announce loudly what you see in there. Is there a dog feasting on a chunk of leftover broccoli? Is there an elephant trampling on his tongue?
- Let your kid know that it looks like the dog in his mouth needs a serious bath.
- Scrub. Scrub. Scrub: It's amazing how wide he'll open (and how little he'll whine) when he thinks you're scrubbing the dog in his mouth instead of his teeth.
- Repeat. Tomorrow night he may have cars in need of a carwash. The next night it will be dirt bikes in need of a hose-down. You never know what you'll find in there—but whatever it is, it will definitely need a bath.
- Let Blue help keep your kid's teeth cavity-free. Download and print a Blue's Clues Tooth-brushing Chart from NickJr.com.