Commit to Getting Your Kids Sleeping
With the advice and tips below, you'll learn how to create a sleep plan and a bedtime routine that you and your kids can stick to so you'll be well on your way to sound sleeping!
- Be a united front with your partner. This only works if you're both on the same team.
- Be patient. Sleep coaching doesn't happen over night, so be patient with yourself and your child.
- Educate yourself. Knowing "the why" of your kid's sleeping problems will help you create a successful sleep plan.
- Know that it's your parenting job to teach your kid this critical life skill.
I wish I could give you a magic potion that instantly got your kid snoozing, but unfortunately sleep coaching doesn't work like that. You have to commit to making changes and stick with it to see results.
- Educate Yourself About Your Child's Sleep
- Start a Sleep Log
- The Importance of Consistency When Sleep Coaching
- Create a Soothing Bedtime Routine
- Create a Sleep-Friendly Bedroom
- The Importance of Putting Your Kid to Sleep "Drowsy but Awake"
- The Sleep Lady Shuffle: What It Is and How To Do It
- Do Step 1 of the Sleep Lady Shuffle
- Do Step 2 of the Sleep Lady Shuffle
- Do Step 3 of the Sleep Lady Shuffle
- Be Your Kid's Nap Coach
- Check Off Your Sleep Coaching Checklist
- Create a Solid Sleep Plan
- Nightmares and Night Terrors (And How to Tell the Difference)
- Potty Training and Sleep
- End Early Rising
- The Sleep Lady on Transitioning Your Kid from a Crib to a Big-Kid Bed
- Ending Bedtime Stalling
More kids sleeping advice articles: