The Sleep Lady's Sleep Plan Template
Copy and paste this into a word doc, print it out and fill it in!
Our Sleep Plan for _______________(your child's name here)
We have met with our pediatrician and discussed our kid's eating, growth and general health. We have ruled out any potential underlying medical conditions that may be interfering with our child's sleep. Our pediatrician gave us the "green light" to begin sleep coaching.
My child needs on average the following amount of sleep:
- Number of naps: _______
- Total hours of naps: ______
- Total hours of night sleep: _______
After reviewing my kid's sleep log over the last few days I believe his/her natural bedtime window is:______ pm.
I will be working towards this approximate eating and sleeping schedule:
- 6—7:30am wake up range
- Breakfast or feeding
- Window of wakefulness ________(the max amount of hours your kid should be awake)
- 1st nap: Time: _____am Length:(min. and max.) ___________ hours
- Lunch or feeding
- Window of wakefulness _______ hours
- 2nd Nap (if age appropriate): Time: _____pm Length (min. and max.): ___________ hours
- Window of wakefulness to bedtime________ hours
- Optional 3rd nap (if age appropriate): Time: _____pm Length (min. and max.) ___________ hours
- Dinner or feeding _____pm
- Start bath/bedtime routine _____pm
- Feeding (if age appropriate) _____pm
- Lights out and in bed _____pm
Our bedtime routine will include the following steps:
Our bedtime and nighttime plan and goal: (Who will do what portion of the night, feeding plan if needed, agreement to support each other, what our ultimate goal is etc.)
Our chair positions for the Sleep Lady Shuffle will be:
Our Nap Plan:
We will be using the flexible schedule we outlined above and have reviewed Nap Coaching challenge.
We will begin nap coaching the morning after our first evening of sleep coaching or on _____________ (enter date).
Our shortened pre-nap routine will be:
Our "back up" nap or "if all else fails" plan is (i.e. stroller, swing, car nap):
Our nap plan at home:
Our daycare provider has agreed to the following:
We're ready to go! We've blocked out 3 weeks of our schedule and are dedicating ourselves to improving our child's sleep habits! Whoo hoo! There's sleep at the end of the tunnel!