30 Days to a Good Night's Sleep with Kim West, a.k.a. The Sleep Lady
Is your kid a bad sleeper? A master bedtime staller? A nap resister? Are you desperate for help but aren't willing to let your kid cry it out cold turkey? Well, have no fear—the Sleep Lady's here!
From May 6 to June 3, 2009, Kim West, a.k.a the Sleep Lady, was here to host 30 Days to a Good Night's Sleep! She helped you establish a relaxing bedtime routine, taught your kid how to soothe himself to sleep, helped end early waking. (YES!) All without letting your kid cry it out! It's not too late (even if it's 3 am!) for you to get The Sleep Lady's expertise and get yourself a good night's sleep.
Here's how YOU can get started:
1. Complete the daily challenges: Bookmark this page so you can come back every day and complete a new sleep assignment or read a super-helpful piece of sleep advice! If you're really ready for a good night's sleep, feel free to read ahead and complete two (or three) challenges a day! GO!
- Challenge 1: Commit to Getting Your Kid to Sleep
- Challenge 2: Sleep Assessment
- Challenge 3: Start a Sleep Log
- Expert Advice: The Sleep Lady on the Importance of Consistency When Sleep Training
- Challenge 4: Create a Soothing Bedtime Routine
- Challenge 5: Create a Sleep-Friendly Bedroom
- Expert Advice: The Sleep Lady Shuffle: What It Is and How To Do It
- Expert Advice: The Sleep Lady on the Importance of Putting Your Kid to Sleep "Drowsy but Awake"
- Challenge 6: Be Your Kid's Nap Coach
- Challenge 7: Check Off Your Sleep Coaching Checklist
- Challenge 8: Create a Solid Sleep Plan
- Challenge 9: Do Step 1 of the Sleep Lady Shuffle
- Challenge 10: Do Step 2 of the Sleep Lady Shuffle
- Expert Advice: The Sleep Lady on Nightmares and Night Terrors (And How to Tell the Difference)
- Challenge 11: Do Step 3 of the Sleep Lady Shuffle
- Expert Advice: The Sleep Lady on Transitioning from a Crib to a Bed
- Challenge 12: End Early Rising
- Expert Advice: The Sleep Lady on Bedtime Stalling
- Wrap-up: 30 Days to a Good Night's Sleep Wrap-up
3. Q&A with The Sleep Lady: Kim West answered tons of questions from sleep-desperate parents just like you, so read (and learn!) what she had to say about bedtime, naps, early rising and more! GO!
Getting your kid to be a great sleeper can be tough. But with the Sleep Lady's practical advice, and the support of our awesome community, you and your kid are just 30 days away from to a good night's—no a GREAT night's—sleep!