Mother's Day Gift Ideas From the Source
Go on a fact finding mission to figure out what mom or grandma wants (without even asking).
- Sneaky kid:Your child.
- Sneaky dad, aunt, uncle or grandparent:You.
- Accomplice:Mom's best friend, sibling or grandma.
- Have your kid call grandma, or mom's BFF or sister to ask for her help in this top-secret mission.
- Get your kid to tell the accomplice to call mom "Just to say 'Hi!'" and then slowly, organically work in the big question: "Soooo, what would you just love to get for Mother's Day?" Odds are she'll spill the beans and won't serve up that "Oh, nothing" line.
- When the accomplice has the dirt, have her call your kid back with the info. Mission accomplished. (Well, except for the part about getting out to the mall to snag that perfect gift. Check out our Operation Perfect Gift activity for tips on tackling your next official assignment.)
- Need a way to round out her day? Make her an Anytime Quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner. She'll think you're fabulous and fancy.