Mother's Day Gift Hunt Idea
Have the kids bond with dad as they hunt for a fab gift for mom.
- Your kid
- Destination:The mall, mom's favorite nail salon, the florist. Wherever your kid thinks the perfect Mother's Day present is hiding.
- Have your kid come up with a good excuse as to why he and dad are heading out solo. He can tell mom that "Dad noticed we're low on milk and wanted to run to the store to pick some up." (Well, that may be too far-fetched, but you catch our drift.)
- Make sure the car has a full tank and then head out to mom's fave store or salon. Go ahead, drive around for 20 minutes looking for the closest parking spot; your partner won't be there to nag you!
- Invite your kid to pick up something spectacular for his mama.
- Ask the store to gift-wrap it so mom can't peek (and to save you the trouble of doing it yourself).
- Head home. Don't be surprised if your partner greets you with a big smile. When was the last time she had two whole hours to herself in the middle of the day?
- Want to make her smile even bigger? Start the day with Blueberry French Toast in bed.