Child Behavior: Parenting a Low-Intensity Child
So how do you know if your kid qualifies as low intensity? Children with a low-intensity temperament usually share these traits:
- Children with a low-intensity temperament don't throw a hissy fit when you refuse to buy gum at the supermarket checkout counter.
- They won't freak out when you tell them they can't wear their favorite dress for school picture day because it's in the laundry.
- They don't complain a lot (which is great on a long-distance car trip!)
- They are pretty easygoing and generally get along well in various situations without too much fuss.
- Low-intensity kids tend to sleep well.
- On top of all of these blessings, they will also pick themselves up after a fall without screaming bloody murder.