Flower Pot and Pen Craft
This bloomin' craft is write on!
- Small terra-cotta flower pot
- One package Plaster of Paris
- One dozen black or blue ballpoint pens with caps
- Green acrylic paint (optional)
- Paintbrush (optional)
- A dozen small (about 1 inch in diameter) silk flowers with stems
- Green floral tape
- Ribbon or decorations for the pot (optional)
- Mix Plaster of Paris according to package directions (Mommy or Daddy might want to do this because it can get messy!).
- Fill pot 2/3 full of Plaster of Paris.
- Take caps off of the pens. Before the Plaster of Paris sets, carefully sink the caps (open side up) into the Plaster of Paris.
- Let Plaster of Paris harden completely and if you want, paint it green.
- Cut flower stems so that they are approx 5-6 inches long (shorter than the pens).
- Place a single flower bud on the non-writing end of the pen so that the stem runs down the pen shaft. Use floral tape to attach it.
- Place pens writing-side-down into the caps in the pot.
- Decorate the pot however you like.
- This makes a great gift for a teacher at the start of the school year.
Get MORE back-to-school buzz at our Back-to-School site!