Bullies, Obesity and Gangnam Style Babies
And this ain't a one-way street! We hope you'll join in the conversation below, visit our message boards and check us out on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what's on YOUR mind!
This week's stories:
- You know those "parenting guidelines" or "family rules" lists that just end up making you feel like a crappy parent? Well, Brené Brown's Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto is NOT one of those. Read it and feel good about the parent you are ... and get ideas for little things you can do to be better (without feeling like crap in the meantime). Get the full story: The Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto, by Brené Brown
- Have you seen the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota's obesity ads that are causing controversy? Dr. Claire McCarthy thinks they "make sense" as a step toward fighting childhood obesity. A writer for Jezebel thinks theyre hurtful to kids. What do you think? Get the full story: Shaming Parents To Fight Childhood Obesity Is A Necessary Evil, by Dr. Claire McCarthy
- You're gonna want to hug Brittany Gibbons when you read her story about missing the signs that her kid was being bullied. It's wrenching and it sucks, but read it anyway. 'Cause we all deserve to be supported in what we feel are our less-than-awesome parenting moments. Get the full story: The Painful Truth I Can't Believe I Missed
- Get ready to watch the best use of the "Gangnam Style" video youve seen yet. HINT: It involves an adorable kid at mealtime. Get the full story: Popular Song Controls Babies
- And, from the Kid Philosophers files, read this note from six-year-old Emma about what love is. (Go ahead, you know you want to.) Get the full story: Cute Kid Note of the Day: "What Is Love?"
Get more: 10 (Cheeky) Tips for New Moms
Get more: More Articles About childhood Obesity
Get more: Now Read Some Funny Stuff from Brittany Gibbons at NickMom
Get more: Our TV is Our Babysitter
Get more: Read More Real Letters from Kids at NickMom