Dr. Sears, Sex and Soccer Moms
And this ain't a one-way street! We hope you'll join in the conversation below, visit our message boards and check us out on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what's on YOUR mind!
This week's stories:
- Emma McLaughlin, co-author of The Nanny Diaries, has a few words about attachment parenting that Dr. Sears probably isnt going to be down with. Still, according to this essay, shell take sleep and sex over the masochism of having a kid who cant get herself to sleep, any day. Get the full story: My Message To Dr. Sears (Or, Why I Choose Detachment Parenting)
- And speaking of sleep and sex, in an effort help increase birthrates, some Danish kindergartens have started offering parents free childcare to get the baby making on. The "parents go home and make a sibling" parties may be catching on, but some parents are making it clear their childfree time wont be used for sex. "Lots say: 'We'll bring our children to the party but you won't be getting any more children out of us!'" a kindergarten worker told the BBC. Get the full story: Kindergartens In Denmark Are Providing Free Childcare So Parents Can Make More Babies
- Ready for a war on the orange-slicer moms? (You know, the ones who take soccer game snacks to a whole new level?) Ann Brenoffs leading the charge against organic grapes, gluten-free power bars and soy cheese sticks. Join the rebellion here. Or just read her rant and smile. Get the full story: A Rant Against "Orange Slicer" Moms
- Kids really do say the darndest things. And Preschool Gems tweeter, Leslie McColloms class of preschoolers seems to say the darndest things more often than not. Check out this slideshow of some of the most hilarious tweets from her Twitter feed and laugh along. Get the full story: The Top 50 "Preschool Gems"
- And now grab your tissues and watch Taylor Swifts song about Maya Thompson's 3-year-old son Ronan, who was diagnosed with Stage 4 neuroblastoma. Get the full story: Mom's Wrenching Reaction To Taylor Swift's New Hit
Get more: Hail to Ferber!
Get more: Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life
Get more: How Not To Be a Soccer Mom
Get more: ParentsConnect on Twitter