Droopy Boobs, Baby Burritos and Mama Obama's House Rules
And this ain't a one-way street! We hope you'll join in the conversation below, visit our message boards and check us out on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what's on YOUR mind!
This week's stories:
- As a parent, sometimes the last thing you want is unsolicited advice. But when it's GOOD advice, well, that's another thing altogether. And when the advice includes words of wisdom like: "You might lose your mind. That's okay."? Well, in that case it's something you just don't want to miss! Check it out: Get the full story: 11 Things Every New Mom Should Know
- Our love-loathe relationship with our sagging breasts isn't a secret around here. (Case in point: Our apology letter to our loyal boobs!) But if you've been blaming breastfeeding for the fact that the girls have headed decidedly south, here's some news you can use: A scientific study of twins found that it's not just pregnancy and breastfeeding but also smoking, alcohol, weight gain and, yep, gravity, that play significant roles in our need for better and better bras. Get the full story: Breastfeeding Isn't The Only Cause Of Droopy Breasts, New Study Says
- In the potty training trenches? BTDT! But here's a story that's got folks, well ... pissed off. A Utah mom brought her kids' potty chair to a restaurant and let them do their, ahem, training, while they dined. Another mother at the restaurant snapped photographic evidence and the story made the evening news. We're dying to hear your thoughts on this one. Share them below!
- Kids think you've got strict rules in your house? Tell 'em the should just be glad they don't live in the White House! Michelle Obama doesn't mess around when it comes to running a tight ship in America's most famous house. Among her rules? Technology is for weekends only and family trips end in a written report! Get the full story: 5 Of Michelle Obama's Strictest Rules for Her Girls
- And here's a sweet way to end the day... While you're bundling up baby for beddy-bye, maybe consider wrapping your partner up in a dad-sized Snuggie® as well! You've gotta check out this adorable pic of side-by-side baby-daddy burritos! Get the full story: Swaddled Dad and Baby, a Precious Burrito Family
Get more: 10 (Cheeky) Tips for New Moms
Get more: Funny Names for Your Boobs After Breastfeeding
Get the full story: Mom Potty Trains Children in Restaurant
Get more: ParentsConnect's Potty Training Tips (P.S. None of them include doing doo-doos during dinner.)
Get more: I Wish I Could Be a Tiger Mom
Get more: How to Swaddle a Baby (Note: Dad-swaddling instructions not included.)