Free Childcare to Have Nookie, Classic Boy's Names and Tweets from Preschoolers
And this ain't a one-way street! We hope you'll join in the conversation below, visit our message boards and check us out on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what's on YOUR mind!
This Week's Stories:
- Sex and parenting don't always mix, which is funny 'cause sex is what got you into this whole parenting thing in the first place. Even if you have the energy to do it, it can be hard to find the time. So, get this: a group of kindergartens in Denmark—which has one of the lowest birthrates in the world—have offered parents two free hours of childcare, so that parents get to hit the hay and make more Danish babies. Jealous?
- We've all heard the joke that newborn babes look like little old men. Well, giving baby boys names that remind you of your great-grandpa is one of the hottest baby-naming trends right now! From Albert to Harry, baby boy names from yesteryear have a cool, retro vibe hip parents-to-be are totally digging.
- Planning your kid's birthday party can be, well, the stuff nightmares are made of. But if you think you're in the fifth-birthday-party-trenches, check out these accounts from "entertainment princesses," a.k.a. the girl you hire to come to your kid's bday party in a Cinderella gown. They aren't even allowed to pee while they're on princess duty!
- Every mom has experienced it at some time—you know, being Other Mothered by a mom who wants gluten-free, allergen-free, 100% certified organic snacks for their kids' birthday parties, sports events and, well, every event ever. And Ann Brenoff, Senior Writer for Huffington Post, is sick of it, dangit. Read her rant on the dreaded "Orange Slicer Moms" and LOL 'til the free-range cows come home.
- Ever wonder what your preschooler would tweet about? Our guess: glitter, trucks, glue sticks, sandwiches and being able to go potty on their own. Leslie McCollom, a preschool teacher from Portland, Oregon, started her own collection of funny comments and drawings from her students, aptly titled @PreschoolGems. Read the rest of the story and revel at the awesomely wacky things kids say.
Get the full story: It Takes HOW Long For New Parents' Sex Life To Return to 'Normal'?
Get more: Easy Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life
Get the full story: Classic Boys' Names That Are Making A Comeback
Get more: Top 10 Classic Baby Names for Boys With Retro Flair
Get the full story: 10 Lessons From A Birthday Party Princess
Get more: Sites for Planning Kids' Birthday Parties
Get the full story: Orange Slicer Moms, Be Damned
Get more: Other Mothered: Cell Phone video
What would YOUR toddler or preschooler tweet about? Tell us in the comments below!
Get the full story: Preschool Gems: Portland Teacher Leslie McCollom On Her Twitter Feed And Book
Get more: Top Trending Topics On Toddler Twitter