Preschool Learning: Carnival Letter Toss Activity
What you need:
- Sheets of paper or paper cups or other containers, like coffee cans or baskets (depending on the age and level of your child)
- Markers to write the letters of the alphabet
- Something tossable: Beanbags, cardboard markers (like for hopscotch), even small stuffed animals! Or how about water balloons for summer, or snow balls for winter?
- Write a different letter on several sheets of paper and spread them out on the floor or on the ground.
- For older children: Use plastic cups or containers labeled with various letters of the alphabet.
- Have your child stand an appropriate distance away from the letters.
- Call out a letter for your child to find.
- Using bean bags, markers, or any other throwable item, your child can then aim for the letter you just called out.
- Advanced version: Ask you child to name the letter's sound as he makes his toss.
Get more brain-building activities for your kid! Check out our Brain Building Boot Camp with Dr. Christine Ricci.