Blueprint Building Math Activity
What you need:
- Building blocks
- Sheets of paper
- Pen or pencil
- To create the blueprints (and encourage your child to help): Take a piece of paper, and place the blocks on top of the paper. Arrange them to create a bridge, a tower, building, etc.
- Trace the shapes of your creation onto the paper. Be sure to name the shapes as you trace them.
- Then, have your child choose a blueprint and try to recreate the structure, using the shapes of the blocks, to figure out what goes where (like puzzle pieces).
- For older children: Make it a game by timing how long it takes her to complete the blueprint.
- For multiple children: Make photocopies of one of the blueprints and give each child a set of blocks. On your mark, get set, build! Who will build the block structure first?
Get more brain-building activities for your kid! Check out our Brain Building Boot Camp with Dr. Christine Ricci.