Spring Recipes: Gumdrop Bread
Candy in bread? You bet your sweet gumdrops.
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup gumdrops (cut gumdrops in half)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Break the egg into a smaller bowl and whisk gently.
- Add milk and vegetable oil and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in gumdrops.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.