Strawberry & Blueberry Shortcake
Summertime means fresh berries! What can you possibly do with all those freshly picked morsels? Why, make a shortcake, of course!
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed and sliced
- ½ pint fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 shortcakes, biscuits, or slices of pound cake
- ½ cup fresh lemon curd
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Shaker of powdered sugar
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Using the back of a fork, lightly mash ¼ of the strawberries.
- Split the shortcakes in half.
- Spread the bottom of each shortcake with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon curd.
- Spoon a ¼ of the fruit mixture on the lemon curd.
- Top the fruit with the remaining shortcakes.
- Garnish the shortcakes with the whipped cream, powdered sugar and fresh mint.