Summer Recipes: Grilled Zucchini Salad
Even salad-phobes (you know who you are) will dig into this hearty grilled veggie number.
- 6 zucchini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 small tomatoes, each cut in half
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the zucchini and cut off the tops and bottoms. Slice into ½-inch thick circles.
- Heat the grill.
- Spread the zucchini, tomatoes and peppers on a flat surface and brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the veggies on the grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- In the bottom of the salad bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the basil and toss to combine.
- Add the cooled vegetables to the salad bowl, tossing to combine.
- Serve immediately.