Caramelized Mangoes on Angel Food Cake
Gooey, sweet mangoes and angel food cake are a match made in Heaven.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups refrigerated sliced mangoes, drained; or 2 cup frozen mangoes, defrosted
- 1 store-bought angel food cake, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar, stirring well to mix.
- Add the mangoes and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and mangoes are coated.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mangoes are tender and gooey.
- Serve warm over slices of angel food cake.
- Look for jars of sliced mangoes in light syrup in your refrigerated produce section, or frozen mangoes in the frozen fruit section.