Summer Recipes: Peach Cobbler Cake
This ain't your Grandma's peach cobbler, but invite her over for dessert and she'll probably wish it was!
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 16-oz package frozen peach slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish, melt the butter or margarine in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, milk and sugar, stirring well to mix with a wire whisk.
- Pour the batter evenly over the hot melted butter or margarine.
- Top batter evenly with the peach slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes. The batter will puff around the fruit and become slightly browned.
- Substitute almost any frozen fruit—cherries, blueberries and so on—for the peaches. And if you can get out of the house to the store or the market, fresh fruit is great, too.