Summer Recipes: Pretty Princess Strawberries
Strawberry shortcake, eat your heart out! These fruity concoctions taste like mini-strawberry cheesecakes. Your princess can pop these in her mouth with one hand while waving her magic wand with the other.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring
- 12 strawberries, tops and bottoms slightly trimmed
- 2 tbsp multi-colored sprinkles
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and food coloring in a small mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat 2 to 3 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Use a small melon baller to scoop out tops of each strawberry.
- Fill a small ziplock bag with the cream cheese mixture. Snip off one lower corner of the bag with a pair of kitchen shears. Squeeze air out of bag and securely seal shut.
- Generously pipe the cream cheese filling from the bag into the hole of each strawberry, making a swirl to finish off each.
- Decorate with sprinkles and serve immediately.
- Strawberries may be covered and stored up to 4 hours.
- If storing, decorate with sprinkles right before serving.