Roasted Corn, Black Bean and Mango Salad
This simple, fresh-tasting salad is colorful and flavorful and goes great with grilled foods. Move over, coleslaw!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 large ripe mango (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- 1 15½-ounce or 19-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the corn mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in mango, beans, onion, bell pepper, lime juice, chipotle, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Check out our Hispanic Heritage page for even more Hispanic Heritage content.