Thanksgiving Ideas: Make a Thanksgiving Tablecloth
Encourage your kids to actually write on the table!
- A plain, light-colored table cloth:Preferably cotton (Fabric pen may not work as well on synthetic fibers.)
- Multi-colored fabric pens:You'll want to use something washable so you can preserve the memories, but still get the gravy stains out!
- Grateful family members and guests
- Buy a white or light-colored tablecloth.
- Pick up some colorful fabric pens at your local craft store.
- On Thanksgiving, set the table with your new tablecloth and place a marker at each person's place setting. Remember to supervise babies and toddlers, otherwise you're sure to end up with a colorful kid!
- At dinner, have every family member and guest find a spot on the tablecloth and write down something they are grateful for. A grownup can wield the pen for the little ones, even those who haven't yet learned to talk!
- If you feel like sharing, go around the room and have everyone read aloud what they wrote.
- After dinner, simply toss the tablecloth in the wash and store it for next year.
- Break it out year after year. Your family will love looking back at the year Dad was grateful that the Sox won the World Series. (It was a miracle!)