Thanksgiving Recipes: How to Make Homemade Butter
Butter the kids up with this fun Thanksgiving recipe!
- Heavy whipping cream:2 cups
- Measuring cup
- A plastic container with a tight-fitting lid(i.e., your best Tupperware and not the throwaways from the grocery store!)
- You and your kids, a.k.a., the "shakers."
- Help the kids measure out 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Pour it into the container and make sure the lid is on super tight!
- Then ask your kids to shake the daylights out of it.
- Have everyone take turns shake, shake, shaking.
- The cream will turn first into whipped cream (yum!) and then thicken into butter after about 20 minutes of rigorous shaking.