Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Finally, a dish for everybody. An entrée for the little one and a side dish for the adults in one simple, sweet purée.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into large chunks.
- Place in steamer basket and cook over boiling water. Steam until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Place in blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Remove half the mixture and pour into ice cube trays. Freeze overnight.
- Remove from ice cube trays and place in large, resealable plastic bag; defrost 1-2 cubes at a time for baby.
- For a grown-up side dish, add milk, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and butter to remaining purée and process until smooth. Serve as a side dish for dinner.