Melissa d'Arabian's Crispy Potato Cake
Recipe Courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- In a nonstick 10-inch saute pan, heat the vegetable oil and butter over medium heat. Press grated potato into pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook undisturbed until crisp on bottom, 8 to 10 minutes. Gently flip onto a plate and then slide other side into pan to cook. Salt and pepper second side. Cook another 5 to 10 minutes, until potato cake is cooked through and nicely browned.
- Cut into wedges, sprinkle with parsley and serve.