Melissa d'Arabian's Petite Orange and Raspberry Pochettes
Recipe Courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian
- 2 sitcks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose, plus more for dusting
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Beat the butter and cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer until light and creamy. Slowly add the flour, mixing just until a dough forms (do not overmix). Divide the dough into 2 balls, then flatten each into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out 1 disk of dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin to 1/8 inch thick. Cut out as many rounds as you can using a 3-inch-round fluted cutter. Top each with a heaping half-teaspoonful of orange marmalade. Brush the edge of the dough with water, then fold the dough over to make a half-moon and press to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll the dough scraps and repeat, then repeat with the remaining disk of dough, filling with the raspberry jam.
- Bake the cookies until golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Dust generously with confectioners' sugar.