Pumpkin and Cheddar Souffle
Souffle only sounds (and looks) fancy and hard to make.
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 cans pumpkin puree (or if you're feeling really ambitious, 4-6 mini pumpkins will make 4 cups of puree)
- ½-1 tsp ceyenne pepper (or if you don't like it hot, use freshly ground black pepper)
- ½-1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Scoop pumpkin into a large mixing bowl.
- Separate eggs. Add yolks to pumpkin, reserve whites.
- Whisk flour and baking powder into pumpkin and yolks mixture. Add cheese and pepper. Mix until incorporated.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold carefully into pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon into lightly greased mini-souffle dishes (or ramekins).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until puffed and set.
- Substitute jalapeno jack cheese for cheddar for a different twist. If you're feeling really fancy, pour souflee mixture into emptied-out pumpkin shells for a fancy presentation.