Quick Cranberry Relish
You can be predictable and open up a can of the jellied stuff (aluminum can rings and all...) or you can take about two seconds and whip up a fresh batch of this Quick Cranberry Relish and get oooohs and aahhhs. It's up to you.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 orange, quartered with the peel on (and wash it first!)
- 2 cups of cranberries (fresh ones from the produce department)
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Put the apples and the orange quarters in your food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add the cranberries and pulse again until everything is fine, but not mush.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make it ahead! Whip this up the day before, and on Thanksgiving all you'll have to do is pull it out of the fridge.
- Make it grown-up! Stir in a tablespoon of Grand Marnier with the sugar.
- Great on left-over turkey sandwiches!