Roasted Pear and Cranberry Relish
No one will guess that you threw together this elegant sauce from a few pantry staples in your spare time. And we won't tell if you don't!
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves in juice, drained and cut in ½-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon finely crushed, dried rosemary
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Blot the pear chunks with paper towels to absorb all surface moisture.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary on a large rimmed sheet pan and spread into an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Toss, scatter pecans over top and roast 5 minutes more.
- Transfer to a bowl, cool for 10 minutes and fold in the cranberry sauce.
- Recipe courtesy of Andrew Schloss and www.mealtime.org.