Turkey Meat Loaf
This yummy meat loaf is like Thanksgiving dinner in a pan. (Is it wrong that we want to kiss whoever thought this up?)
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup instant dry stuffing, turkey flavor
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together the ground turkey, stuffing mix, diced onion, diced apple and egg. (It may seem like it's falling apart, but it will all come together once baked.)
- Form the mixture into 2 equal, free-form loaves and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until it is completely cooked through and browned on top.
- Slice and serve topped with the cranberry sauce.
- If you're thinking, " hey, what about my carbs?" just grab a couple of washed sweet potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil and throw them in the oven with the meat loaf. Simple. Healthy. Done.
- Cranberries not your thing? Reach for condiments like guacamole, hummus or salsa, or go old school with ketchup.