Your Toddler: 12 Ways to Discipline Your Kid (That Actually Work!)
If your toddler is anything like 99.99 percent of 2-year-olds, his hitting, biting and tantrum throwing are at an all-time high these days. (They don't call 'em "terrible" twos for nothing!) But contrary to what it feels like, he isn't on a one-kid mission to drive you insane. In fact, his acting out is totally age appropriate and healthy! He's asserting his independence and struggling with how to "self-parent" so that some day he'll be able to feed himself, dress himself and wipe his own butt! What you're thinking:"Hello attitude! Did I just see my future teenager flash before my eyes?"
Everything you ever wanted to know about disciplining your toddler ... and more!
- 12 great books to teach your kid (and YOU) how to cope with tantrums.
- Whip up this temper tantrum toddy!
- Expert advice on how to handle temper tantrums.
- Kristi Yamaguchi doesn't think a little bribery is all bad.
- The skinny on discipline!
- "Is it OK to spank my kid?"
- Shanna Moakler disciplines her kids from the moment they're born!
- Nanny 911 on how to deal with toddler tantrums.
- How to avoid common discipline mistakes (we all make 'em!).
- "I'm a 'mean mommy' and proud of it!"
- How to stop a tantrum in its tracks!
- "Is it OK to bribe my kid during a tantrum?"
BACK: Toddler Development: Month 27: Picky Eaters NEXT: Toddler Development: Month 29: Sleep Advice
All kids grow and develop at different rates. So please don't compare your toddler with so-and-so's from across the street—you'll just drive yourself nuts. If you have any concerns, bring them up with your pediatrician at your kid's next checkup.