Your Toddler: Build That Little Brain Now!
Your kid's brain has been developing like crazy since birth. She now has over a hundred trillion synapses (the cool connections between brain cells) firing away in that noggin of hers; the most she'll ever have in her life! (And certainly more than you have since Mommy-brain set in!) In other words, she's one smart cookie. Ready and able to learn, learn, learn. So take advantage of her willingness to be taught by you. In 10 years, she'll think she knows everything and you won't be able to say peep without her rolling her eyes at how dumb you are. What you're thinking:"So my 2-year-old has more brain power than I do?"
Everything you ever wanted to know and more about building your kid's brain!
- Do this acrobat alphabet activity!
- Check out our fun math games for toddlers!
- Hit the library for tons of educational fun!
- How to give your kid a lifelong love of reading!
- Brainy breakfast ideas for kids.
- 11 toys that build serious skills.
- Build your kid's brain with flashcards.
- Check out Nick Jr. Boost for tons of awesome educational games!
- Make a homemade alphabet book with your kid!
BACK: Toddler Development: Month 35: Chores
All kids grow and develop at different rates. So please don't compare your toddler with so-and-so's from across the street—you'll just drive yourself nuts. If you have any concerns, bring them up with your pediatrician at your kid's next checkup.