Your Toddler: Best Sleep Advice for Toddlers From Experts and Parents!
Sure, they aren't waking up every two hours screaming to nurse anymore, but toddlers have their own repertoire of sleep problems. Rare is the 2-year-old that happily hops into bed without a bedtime battle, stays put until morning, naps like an angel, and sleeps a solid 10 hours without calling 10 times for water or the potty or a monster-in-the-closet check. (And if you have one of those toddlers, we're totally jealous!) So while your toddler's nighttime antics are exhausting, take comfort in the fact that you're not the only toddler mama or papa working the night shift. What you're thinking:"Four AM is NOT morning time, Kiddo!"
Everything you ever wanted to know and more about toddler sleep!
- Is your kid getting enough sleep? The Sleep Lady Kim West will let you know!
- 8 sleep-inducing bedtime snacks!
- 10 sleep tips for kids!
- Sleep guru Dr. Weissbluth on how to set sleep rules!
- 11 ways to get a good night's sleep (even if your "night" is only 3 hours long!)
- "Help! My son stinks at sleeping and it's all my fault!"
- How actress Kim Fields got her "baby" out of her bed!
- "Ack! My toddler is climbing out of the crib!"
- "I moved my kid out of her crib into a big kid bed and now she won't nap!"
- How to get your toddler out of your bed!
- Get your kid snoozing with the "Sleep Lady Shuffle"!
- The Sleep Lady on how to transition from the crib to a big-kid bed without a hitch!
- How to combat nap-resisting kids!
- "My BTDT tips on moving your kid to a toddler bed."
- The Sleep Lady on how to end early rising!
- "My kids are cranky when they wake up. What should I do?"
- Chat with other toddler mamas and papas about sleep on our Toddler Message Board!
BACK: Toddler Development: Month 28: Discipline NEXT: Toddler Development: Month 30: Toddler Activities
All kids grow and develop at different rates. So please don't compare your toddler with so-and-so's from across the street—you'll just drive yourself nuts. If you have any concerns, bring them up with your pediatrician at your kid's next checkup.