Your Toddler: Is Your Kid a Nudie? (Don't Worry, It's OK!)
You get your kid dressed and five seconds later he's ripping off his pants, whipping off his diaper or undies, and running through the house buck naked grabbing his wee-wee. Welcome to the "naked phase"! A totally normal (if slightly mortifying) stage almost all toddlers go through. Some kids do it because they love the feeling of freedom going buff gives them. Others are exercising their independence and newfound ability to undress themselves and check out what's under the diaper. Whatever the reason, don't stress out about it. His love of nudity now doesn't mean he's destined for a future as a streaker! What you're thinking:"Puh-leeeze don't pull your pants down and whip out your pee-pee at the grocery store today!"
Everything you ever wanted to know and more about the "naked phase"!
- The naked and $75 potty training method! It works!
- "Help! My son keeps touching his penis!"
- What clothes should I get for my kid who's learning to dress himself?
- Get your kid excited about staying clothed with this Hollywood Boulevard activity!
- Teach your kid to dress himself.
- 11 LOL embarrassing mom moments!
- Expert tips on buying clothes for your toddler.
- Chat with other toddler mamas and papas about your 2-year-old on our Toddler Message Board!
BACK: Toddler Development: Month 31: Preschool NEXT: Toddler Development: Month 33: Family Time
All kids grow and develop at different rates. So please don't compare your toddler with so-and-so's from across the street—you'll just drive yourself nuts. If you have any concerns, bring them up with your pediatrician at your kid's next checkup.