Invasion of the Heart Snatchers: Valentine's Day Game
This game is guaranteed to steal your kid's heart!
- Heart Snatchers:You, your kids, their friends—more players means more fun.
- Red construction paper
- More construction paper:In any color but red.
- Hole puncher
- Ribbon or string
- A pencil
- Your favorite love song:Al Green or Green Day, anything goes.
- First, get your kid to make the game pieces. Have him trace a bunch of hearts onto the red construction paper and cut them out. He should make one fewer red heart than the number of players.
- Next, he'll need to punch holes in the top of the hearts with a hole puncher.
- Have him create hanging loops by tying a piece of string or ribbon through the hole.
- Then have him trace a bunch of hearts onto the non-red construction paper and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Once the game pieces are made, have your kid hang them up around the living room. He can hang them from lamps, picture hooks and book shelves. Anything that's not going to topple down onto one of the players.
- Then, pick out your all-time favorite love song and crank it up.
- Begin to play! Gather all of the Heart Snatchers into a circle.
- Invite them to boogie down as they march clockwise in a circle.
- When the music stops, all of the players must dash around the room and try to grab a RED heart. If they grab any other colored heart, or fail to grab a heart at all, they must join the "lonely hearts club" and they're out of the game. It's kind of like a tripped out "luv" version of musical chairs!
- Once someone is eliminated, remove a red heart so that there is always one less red heart than number of players, crank up the music and repeat steps 8 and 9.
- The last player standing, heart in his hands, wins! Aw, how romantic.
- Having a party? This is a great game to keep your little guests busy (and tire them out!). Change it up during different seasons, or cut out construction paper cakes instead of hearts for a birthday party.