Valentine's Day Love Coupons
Make any day of the year huggable, kissable and good deedable with these kiddie coupons!
- Coupon creator:Your kid.
- Redeemer:You, your partner, grandma—anyone your kid deems worthy of a little love.
- Construction paper:You can use pink or red if you're going for a Valentine's Day vibe, but any colors will do.
- A marker
- Hole puncher
- Ribbon:A small, thin piece to loop the booklet together.
- Embellishments:Glitter, heart-shaped stickers, rhinestones, markers, etc.
- To begin, have your kid decide who is she is going to give her coupon booklets to. Tell her to keep her list short or she may be embarking on months of indentured servitude!
- Encourage her to make a list of all of the selfless, fabulous things she is willing to do for each of her "redeemers." Washing the dishes? Give mommy and daddy lots of hugs? Cleaning her room? She may want to limit each booklet to four or five coupons to keep her from turning into Cinderella.
- Next, help her cut the construction paper into dollar bill-sized rectangles.
- Have her (or help her) write out what each coupon is redeemable for (e.g., feeding Fido for a week). Make sure she avoids the upper left-hand corner of the paper because ...
- ... once she's done writing she'll need to punch a hole in the upper left-hand corner of each coupon.
- Invite her to deck out her coupons with glitter, heart-shaped stickers, and whatever else will make her feel happy about tackling the job when the coupon is redeemed.
- Then have her string each booklet on to a piece of ribbon, tie it in a bow and … voila! An awesome gift from a kid with a lot of time and a lot less money!
- This makes a great Valentine's Day gift!