Make a Snowman Birdfeeder
Have Frosty cater to all his feathered friends
- Snowman:Obviously, to make one of these you'll need some snow.
- Snowman accessories:Buttons, pipe, two lumps of coal (pull 'em out of Daddy's stocking), a carrot, a hat and a scarf (and please, not Mom's new cashmere one).
- Snowman's arms:Two big branches.
- Craft wire
- Birdseed:Find it at your local pet store.
- Your yard
- Get your kid to make a big snowman in the yard using the snowman accessories you've collected. Add two sturdy branches for arms and make sure they're stuck in there good and tight. (This is the most important step.)
- Help your kid attach a basket to one of the snowman's arms with the craft wire.
- Then, have him fill the basket with birdseed.
- If you want to win the "Geeky Parent of the Year" award, get a bird field guide, like the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America and over the next few days, hunker down for some bird watching expeditions with your child.
- Refill the birdseed as needed. As long as the frost lasts, your bird keeper should stay on active duty.