Corn Chowder With Crabmeat and Pimientos
This tri-color chowder is red, white and blow-your-socks-off delicious.
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (about one 10-ounce package)
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 4-ounce jar of pimientos, chopped
- 1 large can crabmeat, drained
- 8 sprigs of parsley
- ¼ cup dry white wine (if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place butter in a deep, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions and celery to skillet.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the corn to the skillet and stir.
- Add the milk and the pimientos. Stir, cover and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat immediately.
- Add crabmeat and stir.
- Add parsley, wine (if using), salt and pepper and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!