Winter Recipes: Tomato Cheddar Soup
Tasty and satisfying soup doesn't have to come out of a can.
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup half & half (or skim milk)
- Heat olive oil in medium pot.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and milk.