Recycled Bulb Ornaments
Make holiday ornaments out of burned-out lightbulbs.
- An old, burned-out lightbulb (replace it with an LED bulb — one regular bulb uses as much energy as 30 LED ones!).
- Gloss Enamel Paint—in as many colors as possible
- Bulb bling: glitter glue, sequins, confetti, etc.
- Craft glue
- A palette or a paper plate
- A couple of paintbrushes
- A yard of ribbon
- A plastic cup
- Spread out newspaper to cover your work surface (trust us, you do not want to be cleaning gloss enamel paint out of your holiday tablecloth).
- Have your kid hold the lightbulb by the screw-in-part (or whatever you call the part that screws into the light socket).
- Carefully pour a small amount of paint onto palette or plate and start painting the outside of the bulb. You can also roll your bulb in the paint to create a swirled pattern (that's what we did).
- Once bulb is painted, use craft glue to attach sequins, confetti or other bling. You can also paint on additional designs with glitter glue.
- Carefully place bulb screw-in-part down into the plastic cup to dry (be careful not to scrape off any paint as you put it in!).
- Once bulb is dry, tie a ribbon on it and hang it up for display.