Christmas Ideas: Cheerios Ornament Craft
Cheeri-ho-ho-ho, Merry Christmas! Create edible ornaments for your tree.
- Any kind of "loop" cereal:Cheerios, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks … whatever you have!
- A 20-inch piece of ribbon
- A pipe cleaner
- Mini bells:Find them at your craft store.
- Pour lots of cereal in a bowl. (Shouldn't be a problem if you do it every morning!)
- Cut a 20-inch piece of ribbon.
- Tie a piece of cereal to the end as a stopper (so all of the cereal doesn't go sliding off while your kid is stringing it on).
- Have your kid string cereal onto the string. She can string randomly or in a pattern. (There's nothing wrong with trying to sneak a little math in while you're crafting!)
- Have her leave about 8 to 10 inches of string at the end. Or, just let her string it all the way and then take some off when she's done. (It's always nice to keep them busy ….)
- When she's all done, untie the "stopper" cereal at the end of the ribbon, center all of the cereal and then tie the two ends of ribbon together in a tight double knot.
- Cut a 3- or 4-inchpiece of pipe cleaner. (The sparkly ones look really festive!) Have your child string one or two bells onto it and then twist the two ends together so you create a loop with bells.
- Tie the pipe cleaner loop onto your wreath and then create a bow. (See picture above if this is confusing.)
- Have your kid hang her ornament on the tree, and then make more, more, more! It's totally fine to eat these ornaments, just make sure you remove the hook first and don't let your child eat the ribbon and bells!