Christmas Recipes: Buttery Eggnog
This alcohol-free, cooked eggnog is every bit as delicious as the spiked, raw-egg versions. Plus it's suitable for kids and pregnant women. Cheers!
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Using a whisk, beat together eggs and sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in 2 cups of milk and cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and mix in the remaining milk and the butter flavor extract.
- Chill before serving.
- Be sure to stir your eggnog constantly while cooking or you'll end up with scrambled eggs, which don't make for a tasty beverage.
- If you want to make it a grownup drink, add a shot of spiced rum or butterscotch schnapps to individual glasses.
If you ask us, this is an essential addition to your list of Christmas recipes!