Christmas Recipes: Things to Do With Holiday Leftovers
- Chop leftover turkey or roast beef and freeze into one-cup batches to use in soups, stews and casseroles.
- Make patties out of leftover mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes and fry in butter for potato pancakes.
- Leftover salad or veggies can be rolled in tortillas to make wraps.
- Use leftover chutneys or relishes as toppings on ice cream, pancakes or waffles.
- Use up leftover turkey, chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies in homemade Shepherd's Pie.
- Add leftover ham to scrambled eggs, omelets or frittatas.
- Puree leftover mashed potatoes to make potato leek soup.
- Mash leftover sweet potatoes and add a half-cup to your favorite muffin or biscuit recipe.
- Substitute leftover ham for sausage in lentil soup.