Christmas Recipes: Malted Hot Cocoa
If your Miss isn't Swiss, why bother with those little envelopes? Your kids will have way more fun making hot chocolate from scratch. (It's easy!) The malted milk powder adds an extra oomph of yum. This is one of our favorite Christmas recipes!
- 6 1-oz. squares bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp malted milk powder
- Garnish: whipped topping, crushed malted milk ball candies
- Place chocolate in a small bowl; pour boiling water over chocolate. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and milk over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Stir in malted milk powder; set aside.
- Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth; add to milk mixture.
- Garnish with whipped topping and crushed candies.