Christmas Recipes: SUPER Quick & Easy Glazed Ham
We all love the holiday fave of glazed ham (usually with pineapple and brown sugar). Well, here's a way you can make this favorite in a snap! It will quickly become one of your go-to Christmas recipes.
- Pre-Cooked Ham Slice (Farmer John or Store Brands...found near other meats in the deli section)
- Fruit Juice and Fruit (try canned slices/chunck pineapples or 2-3 pear fruit cups)
- Brown Sugar (about 1 cup more or less to your desired sauce thickness / taste)
- In bowl or deep dish (microwave safe) mix the brown sugar, fruit juice and very little water (more water can be added little by little) to make a "watery" sauce.
- Add ham slice to your sauce mix.
- Microwave until warm usually between 2-5 minutes (each microwave varies).
- Carefully remove from microwave and add the fruit chunks/slices/etc.
- Cool to safe eating temp then serve meat with sauce and fruit.
- Add very little water and do it little by little. This is just to keep the sauce from getting too thick.
- Your choice of fruit and juice can be used. I have found the pear juice to be very delicious when I had no canned pineapple yet had some pear fruit cups. Try to your taste.
- Serve with another holiday fav: sweet potatoes with brown sugar & marshmallows.