Christmas Recipes: Scotch Eggs
This cool way to make eggs and sausage is like serving a 3-D puzzle for breakfast. (And your kids will be totally puzzled as to how you made it - don't tell!)
Looking for fun Christmas recipes? This one's a keeper!
- 2 lbs ground turkey sausage (or light pork sausage)
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups dried breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide sausage into 8 equal portions. Mold each sausage portion around a hard boiled egg to form a ball.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Lightly coat each sausage ball in flour, then egg and finally roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Brown each Scotch Egg in the skillet on all sides and then place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven until the sausage in cooked through.
- These are great served with spicy brown mustard.