Christmas Ideas: Clay Tree Ornament
Handmade tree decorations are easy to make and fun to bake!
- Several packages of polymer clay (available craft stores); each package makes one ornament
- Finger paint in various colors
- A cookie cutter
- A paper clip
- A ceramic plate no longer used for food
- Roll polymer clay between your hands to warm it up. Form into a ball.
- Press down on your ball until it forms a flat, pancake-like shape.
- Finger-paint a design.
- Open up your paper clip. Bend the smaller part so that it forms a closed hook.
- Sink the larger portion of the paper clip into the clay. Pinch the clay around it so the clip will not slip out.
- Bake your ornament according to package instructions.